Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

August Portland Area Tripster Quest

Since this was awhile ago now and I have been neglectful of my blog, I am going to go by my best recollection of this quest.

I did stay at an Airbnb place that was close to The Alberta District in Portland.  I got around solely on public transportation.  I took the train to Portland and the bus to the Alberta District.  First though, I hit some of the Pearl District spots to get my stamps.  I completed The Crystal Hotel & Ballroom page.  Fortunately, I was able to attend a tour of the ballroom that replaced the "ticket" requirement otherwise. Yay!

As far as downtown and NW Portland, I got all my stamps but one - The Mission Theatre.  I was not there in the evening since I wanted to be back in the Alberta area for The Street Fair.  I was disappointed by the Street Fair so I could have actually gotten the stamp but how did I know.

I even took the bus over to North Portland to St. John's Pub for my stamp.  It was getting late so I did not stay for a beer, just headed back to the Airbnb.

This quest is fun and it is also tiring!  I am going to be so happy to be done and get the Grand Prizes.

So I got as much accomplished in two days as I could.  I know I have more of the Portland area to cover, which is another trip, which will be my next post.

Pictures to come, as I make sure I have them on my laptop to share.

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment